For the fourth we went to Harbor Springs, MI to Paul's family's cottage. It is truely one of the most beautiful places I've visited. As a hostess gift I brought this jam to share with his family. I like using rhubarb when it's available. I think it's unexpected and underused. My first run of this recipe was pretty liquid so I adjusted the pectin for the second batch and it was much improved. The easy part of this jam is you don't have to put the jars in boiling water. Just let cool on your kitchen counter. Once opened they'll last about 3wks in the fridge.
- 6 8oz jars
- 10 stalks rhubarb, diced
- 6 peaches
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice & zest from lemon
- 1 package dry pectin
1. Place diced rhubarb, lemon zest and juice in pan over medium heat. Cook until soft (5-10min)
2. Remove peach skins, pit and cut into bite size pieces.
3. Place peaches into pan and mash together with rhubarb. Stir and let mixture come to a boil.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar and pectin. Add sugar/pectin mixture to peach and rhubarb pan.
5. Stir together and let come to a boil.
6. Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" from top. Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
7. Let jars cool. You will hear a "pop" sound once sealed.
We enjoyed it at night over ice cream and in the morning over waffles!