Monday, November 8, 2010

Warm Brussles Sprout Salad


This recipe is straight out of this months Everyday Food magazine. (I love this publication!) I made it for myself for lunch and added pinenuts. It was super easy, and surprisingly tasty and filling! I liked it warm, and thought it would be a great side dish with a roasted chicken and mashed potatoes.

I also think it would taste equally good cold. I was thinking the Brussels Sprouts lend themselves to an Asian Slaw feel (similar to Napa Cabbage) so I might try making it again, but serve it cold tossed with lo-mein noodles, carrots, poached chicken and maybe some cilantro....stay tuned for that one.


Ingredients
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
3/4 lb Brussles Sprouts, trimmed and shredded
3 TBSP lemon juice
1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese

Directions
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the brussles sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
Cook, tossing often, until bright green and slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
Add lemon juice and transfer to a large bowl.
Add pecorino cheese and toss well.
Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Sarah Reid said...

I also love Brussels sprouts roasted in the oven. Toss in olive oil then sprinkle with kosher or sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast at 425 for 30 minutes or so tossing every 15 minutes. Then drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over them. Very yummy!