6 TBSP butter, softened
2 cups peanut butter (entire small jar of PB)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar (sift after measuring)
3 cups Rice Krispies
2-4 TBS paraffin wax, finely chopped (you can use shortening as well to thin chocolate and make shiny)
3 cups chocolate chips (I use 2C semi and 1C milk)
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together butter and peanut butter. Stir in vanilla.
- In another large bowl sift the 2 cups powdered sugar and stir in Rice Krispies.
- Slowly add the sugar/cereal mixture to the PB mixture. Fold in using a spoon until incorporated. You may need to use your hands to mix everything well. (If the mixture seems too sticky, add a little more powdered sugar. If it seems dry, add a little more Peanut Butter)
- Take about 1 TBSP of dough and roll into balls using your hands. Work in with hands until it will form balls. Place balls onto wax paper lined sheet. When finished, place balls (still on the wax paper baking sheet) into the fridge to chill. (this makes dipping into chocolate easier)
- Place chocolate chips and wax into a double boiler. Stir occasionally until all of the wax and chocolate is melted.
- Remove the balls from the fridge. Carefully dip into melted chocolate using a toothpick or fork. Tap off excess chocolate and place back on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- When finished return balls to fridge to set and cool. Store in fridge.