Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cake Playdough

My kids LOVE playdough. The girls ask to play it everyday. And I happily let them...but Wyatt always wants in on the fun. I've tried to show him how to play and keep it out of his mouth, but I haven't had much success. He always wants to eat it! So today I set out to make some truly EDIBLE playdough. Some that actually tastes good!

I started with a box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix and added a stick of room temperature butter.
I worked it all together with my hands until the butter was well incorporated and the mixture was good and crumbly.
Then I added 2 Tablespoons of water, one at a time, and mixed again. It was gooey at first, but after a little kneading it came together perfect!

It wasn't sticky at all and both Molly and Wyatt had great fun playing with it.
But Wyatt had the most fun eating it...and that was just fine with me!
Best of all - clean up was a snap!
Cake Playdough
Ingredients
1 box cake mix
1 stick of butter, softened, but not melted
2 TBSP water

Directions
Knead together the cake mix and butter until the mixture resembles course meal.
Add the water one Tablespoon at a time.
Mix well and knead until the dough comes together and is no longer sticky.
HAVE FUN! (and lick your fingers!)

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I can't wait to try this with Alex & Josh ! You always come up with the BEST ideas, Erin ! Betsy