Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cheesecake Brownies


I'm not a huge chocolate fan. But brownies are so easy, and such a crowd pleaser. So I've been searching for ways to "sass" them up a bit. Make them more exciting than just the simple chocolate affair. (Apparently Bakerella had the same itch...because she posted THIS on Sunday. YUM! I am going to have to try!) One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake, so I decided to put the two together and see what happened. I loved how the cheesecake cut the chocolate just enough for my liking!

Ingredients
1 18- to 22-ounce package brownie mix
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1 large egg
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
Spread into a greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter.

(I seriously need a new brownie pan...this one is so dirty...even when it's clean!)

Swirl together using a knife or skewer.


Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool completely in the pan. Cut into squares and ENJOY!

No comments: