Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blueberry Pizza



I hosted Book Club tonight night and made this for dessert. It is my version of perfection. Since I am not a fan of chocolate or peanut butter - a lot of desserts get cancelled out. But anything involving cream cheese and lemon is at the TOP of my list!

The recipe calls for "lemon cookies," which I couldn't find at the regular grocery store. I took a gamble and went to Trader Joe's next...and was so pleased to find these:


They made a perfect crust and were really lemon-y flavorful. If you are looking for a light, fruity, subtly sweet dessert - this one is for you!

Ingredients
Crust
9 oz box Lemon Cookies (I used Trader Joe's Meyer Lemon Cookie Crisps)
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter

Filling

8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp lemon peel
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Topping

4 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp lemon peel

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Crush the cookies in a Cuisinart, then combine with the melted butter.
Press into a 12" pizza pan. Bake for 5 minutes then set aside to cool.
(I didn't have a pizza pan, so I used an 8X8 brownie pan instead)

Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon peel in Cuisinart until combined. Add whipping cream to the mixture with Cuisinart on high speed. Mix until full and fluffy. Spread on cooled crust. Refrigerate.

Combine 1 cup of the fresh blueberries with sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel in a sauce pan.
Bring to a boil.
Stir until mixture thickens. About 5 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly before pouring over crust and cream cheese mixture.
Top with remaining 3 1/2 cups fresh blueberries.
Chill for several hours before serving.

ENJOY!

No comments: