Monday, March 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - March 9th

Photobucket

I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I get a lot of questions about how I menu plan, coupon clip, grocery shop, and cook in the midst of everything else I've got going on. Truth be told, I get a lot of help from other bloggers! If you haven't heard of it before, there is this blogging trend , hosted by "I'm an Organizing Junkie" called "Menu Plan Mondays" where women all over the world post what they are going to make for dinner for the next 7 nights in a row. Lots of the dinners are accompanied by a personal recipe or link to a recipe. I love this for inspiration! If not for these other bloggers, my family would be eating a continuous cycle of chicken tacos, spaghetti, and salmon with the occasional night of hot dogs and mac n' cheese thrown in!

So I am going to attempt to "Menu Plan Monday." I can't promise I'll do it every week - even though that is my goal. But I have had such an amazing response to Haute Plates - sometimes 500 hits a day!! So I feel it's time to give you a little more love! I hope you enjoy the recipes I post. Even more, I hope I inspire you to join in the series. Visit orgjunkie.com and check it out!

So - for my inaugural week, here is what we are having for dinner. (PS - if I've linked you to a Haute Plates recipe, I'll post pictures as I make it this week!)

Monday - Rachael Ray's Shepherd's Pie with Buttermilk Biscuits

Tuesday - Garlic Roasted Crock Pot Chicken with steamed rice and green beans

Wednesday - Tortellini Soup with Garlic Toast

Thursday - Lemon Garlic Chicken Caesar Salad with Blueberry Muffins

Friday - Aunt Marilyn's Spaghetti Bake

Saturday - leftovers (Daddy is away)

Sunday - Crock Pot Beef Chili with Green Chile Cornbread

YUM...I am getting hungry just writing this post. Hope you are too!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Welcome to MPM! Great plan! Your blog looks awesome :)