Monday, January 3, 2011

Cucumber Blueberry Smoothie


Inspired by my girlfriend Allison, and her "Green Monster" beverages, I am attempting a few smoothie recipes of my own. I am excited to see if I like them, if they keep me feeling "full" til lunch time, and how much more or less energy I feel compared to my usual poached eggs. I'll keep you posted! Here is the first one Matt and I are trying this week...'cause Cucumber and Blueberry are two of my favorite flavors!

**UPDATE** The smoothies are fabulous! I love them. I feel full and energized. And I also feel clean. I love all the different flavor combinations...and how much "good for you" stuff you can cram in them! **

Cucumber Blueberry Smoothie

Serves 2
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into pieces
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup white grape juice
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup organic plain non-fat yogurt
1 Tbsp flaxseed oil
1 Tbsp Very Green (green super food powder from Trader Joe's)
ice to desired consistency ~ 1/2 cup for me!

Add all ingredients except ice to a blender and puree. Add ice and pulse again to desired consistency. ENJOY!

No comments: