Friday, January 21, 2011

Green Apple Yogurt Coleslaw

serves ~8

1 medium head green cabbage (I'm using napa - since that's what came in our CSA box)
2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled and grated (I use my Cuisinart to grate the apples)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt (Trader Joe's Greek is my favorite!)
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon celery seeds
kosher salt & pepper to taste

In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, sugar, mustard, lemon juice.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apples, bell pepper, green onions and carrot.
Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.
Refridgerate at least 20 minutes.
Toss again, top with celery seeds and ENJOY!

1 comment:

Allison said...

So excited to try this! I love slaw.

Is it ok that I may go to the superbowl party for your s'more brownies?