Friday, January 7, 2011

Peach Berry Spinach Smoothie

YUM! This smoothie is my favorite flavor so far. (Matt and I tried 4 different ones last week...I got a little smoothie obsessed =) It tastes almost just like one of my all time favorite things to eat - a Kean Energy Bowl! Kean is a local boutique coffeehouse right across the street from us. Their Energy Bowl is Acai smoothie topped with granola and sliced bananas. I've been known to tweet that it's "Heaven in a cup!" 

When I first blended up this recipe and took a sip, I squealed, cause the flavor was so similar. The recipe below calls for white grape juice, which is what I used, but I think next time I am going to replace the grape juice with Acai berry juice and top the whole thing with my Low-Fat Granola and some sliced bananas. Save myself a trip across the street and $5!

Added bonus to all this smoothie goodness? How much "good for you" stuff is packed into such a yummy treat! Easy, quick, refreshing, flavorful and healthy? YES! It's Heaven in a cup!


Peach Berry Spinach Smoothie
Serves 2
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup sliced peaches
1/2 cup white grape juice
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
1 Tbsp flax seed oil
1 Tbsp Very Green (green super food powder from Trader Joe's)

Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse to desired consistency. 
ENJOY!

(I didn't add any extra ice to this one. The frozen berries made the texture just right for me.)

No comments: