Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Jello Cups



I came across these on Celebration Shoppe's blog. Just a fair warning - piping the chocolate heart inside the cup was a little challenging! I wasted about a half dozen cups practicing. So just prepare for that and let yourself have fun. I got better as I went. After I was done, I thought I should have done X's and O's...those might have been easier than hearts!

I also doubled the recipe below and it filled fourteen 12 ounce cups. And I think mine came out with three layers instead of two because I didn't wait long enough to let the second jello mixture cool before adding the Cool Whip (missed the whole "stir til thickened" part.) I still think they turned out pretty...now the 3 colors match my Valentine Cheerio necklaces!

I think I'll try this recipe again for the 4th of July with Red, White & Blue Jello...think I'm good enough to pipe little white chocolate stars inside the cup? HA! Good thing I have a few months to practice.

Ingredients
1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
2 cups boiling water, divided
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
ice cubes
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

Directions
Draw a heart design in each of clear plastic cups by piping chocolate onto insides of cups. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.

Add 1 cup boiling water to 1 pkg. gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cold water; pour into cups. Refrigerate 1 hour or until gelatin is firm.

Meanwhile, add remaining boiling water to remaining gelatin mix; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to remaining cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until thickened. Stir in Cool Whip; spoon over gelatin layer in cups. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.

ENJOY!

No comments: