Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Espresso Cupcakes



Amy of Flip Flop Follies has shared her recipe for Espresso Cupcakes as my first "guest blogger" here at Haute Plates! Don't they look delicious?! And beautiful. I can't wait to try them.  Thanks for sharing, Amy! Anyone else want to guest blog a recipe? I'd love it. Let me know!!

Directions
Take one box Dark Chocolate cake mix (I like Duncan Hines) and prepare according to package directions, but substitute water with strong coffee.
Bake into cupcakes or sheet cake and frost with espresso frosting!
 
I made my espresso frosting with instant espresso.
About a TBSP mixed with just a tad bit of boiling water.
Let sit for a few minutes and then mix into a container of vanilla store-bought frosting.
Spread or pipe onto cupcakes or cake.
Chocolate covered coffee/espresso beans would be the perfect topper!
ENJOY!